Kentucky Right to Life has issued an urgent call for pro-life citizens to make contacts with their legislators to try to save two pro-life bills that are dying in a House committee as this year’s General Assembly session winds down.
Here’s their message:
We are in the last two weeks of the 2012 Kentucky legislative session and pro-life Senate bills SB102 (face-to-face informed consent) and Ultrasound Informed Consent (SB103) are dying in a stacked hostile committee. These common sense bills would require Kentucky abortion providers to fully inform women about abortion risks and alternatives in a face to face setting at least 24 hours prior to performing the abortion, and to show and briefly describe the ultrasound images of the unborn child to the mother prior to consenting for abortion.
YOUR TWO MINUTE PHONE CALL COULD SAVE HUNDREDS OF LIVES! PLEASE CALL NOW.
1. Call The Legislative Message Line at 1-800-372-7181 and the receptionist will help you identify your House Rep. within a minute.
2. Leave a message to the following: “Please support passage of pro-life bills SB102 and SB103. Quit hiding behind committees and bring the bills to the House floor for a fair vote!”
3. Ask the receptionist to “Please copy all five Democratic House leaders on the message.”
- Rep. Greg Stumbo (D) – House Speaker
- Rep. Larry Clark (D) – Speaker Pro Tempore
- Rep. Rocky Adkins (D) – Majority Floor Leader
- Rep. Robert Damron (D) – Majority Caucus Chairman
- Rep. Tommy Thompson (D) – Majority Whip
This action will generate green slips to your House Rep. and each House leader. At the end of the week, they will count the number of green slips as a measure of support for the bill! Let’s make sure their desks are covered with green slips!
THIS IS URGENT AND LIVES DEPEND ON IT!